Do you want a solar panel system but are overwhelmed by sales people telling you which system is the best is for you?
- Imagine a solar powered home with little or no electric bills!
- Imagine a Hybrid or Electric vehicle plugged into your own power plant!
- Imagine a home powered by the sun!
Our commitment to you is to provide the best quality system at the best value possible. Solar power is what we do and it is all we have ever done for over 30 years. Integrity and craftsmanship is our gift to you. We will provide the best, cost-advanced solar products and services available today.
We’re not the jack of all trades, just a master of one! So go with the legend and have peace of mind!
Frequently Asked Questions about Solar Photovoltaic Systems
Benefits of Solar Energy for Your Home
There are many benefits of solar energy. First of all, solar panels save money. If your electric bill is around $120/month or more, a switch to solar will mean you’ll be paying less for electricity per month than you were without solar. People often wonder about solar energy pros and cons, but the truth is there aren’t really any cons. The benefits of solar power allow you to use energy the way you want to, without having to worry about a high electric bill at the end of the month. So reach out to us today and learn all about the many solar energy advantages that allow you to save money and mitigate your impact on the environment.
Save Money By Going Solar
- One of the biggest advantages of solar energy is it can provide you with considerable savings. Your system will pay for itself in 5-7 years, and then you’ll be enjoying close to free electricity for the entire 25+ year life of your system. A switch to solar decreases your dependence on your utility because solar panels allow you to generate your own electricity with the power of the sun. With low monthly payments and little or no money down, taking advantage of the benefits of going solar could eliminate your electric bills and your monthly bill anxiety.
- If you’re wondering how to save money on electricity, but are doubtful of how much going solar actually saves, then call us and talk with one of our experienced Solar Energy Consultants about the benefits of solar energy. They’ll walk you through the numbers and show you just how much a switch to solar will actually save you. Solar panels offer a huge amount of savings for homeowners – 100% of your electricity bill – if that’s your goal. This can equate to thousands of dollars in savings each year.
Solar Power Improves Home Values
- In addition to saving you money on your electric bill, one of the benefits of solar panels is they also improve home value. Research shows that residential solar in San Diego and across the U.S., increases the value of your home. Lawrence Berkeley Labs conducted a multi-state study which how a solar system on your home increases its value more than almost any other home improvement investment. In fact, the additional premium of residential solar panels to your home value has the potential to offset the added cost of the solar panels entirely. So one of the benefits of solar panels is that a purchased system not only saves you money on your electric bill, but it also adds value if you go to sell your house in the future.
Energy Independence Through Solar Power & Storage
- Freedom and independence from your utility are huge benefits of solar energy. When you add battery backup to your solar system, it provides you with even more independence as you’re not only generating your own power, you’re also storing it to use whenever you need it. When you use solar plus storage and your system isn’t grid-tied, your house remains powered even when there’s a blackout, making one of the benefits of solar energy partnered with storage total energy independence.
Residential Solar Rebates & Incentive Programs
- The Solar Investment Tax Credit is a dollar-for-dollar reduction in federal income tax for anyone who purchases solar panels for their home or business. The amount credited is equal to 30% of the purchase price of your solar system. The ITC was set to expire at the end of 2016, but as of December 2015, it’s been extended for five years. It will retain the 30% rate until 2019. In 2020, it will fall to 26% and then down to 22% in 2021, after which it will remain at 10% for commercial solar and drop down to 0% for residential projects.
Go Green / Save the Planet / Environmental Impact / No Emissions
- Another one of the benefits of solar energy to think about is that it helps you significantly lessen your carbon footprint on the environment. One of the solar energy advantages is that generating power for your home with solar panels doesn’t pollute the atmosphere with harmful greenhouse gas emissions like traditional power.
Little to No Maintenance
- Again, if you’re considering solar energy pros and cons, you might be thinking maintenance is one of the cons. But there’s actually little-to-no maintenance associated with solar. Once your solar energy equipment is installed by a professional, there’s very little you have to do. There’s no need to schedule regular maintenance checks, but you will want your installer available if you ever have questions or problems.
- Renewable energy, like wind and solar power, is far better for the future of our planet than traditional power sources like coal and oil. And since they are renewable, they’re never going to run out. Solar energy can be depended on unlike non-renewable sources of energy which only have a limited supply. So, another one of the benefits solar energy is it’s a proactive way to leave a green legacy for future generations.
Solar is Easy
- Also at the top of the list of benefits of solar power is how easy it is. One of the solar energy advantages is that it allows you to generate your own power, so you no longer have to deal with the hassle of fully depending on your utility and its constantly rising electricity rates.
- There are four steps to going solar with Mohr Power Solar:
- installation and operation.